In a hydroponic system, plants are fed nutrients through a medium like coconut husks or clay pebbles. Hydroponic systems give a high degree of autonomy and control over the facilitation of nutrients giving you more options for your growing needs. GTA Hydroponics is well-stocked with a number of top-notch systems and the related accessories you need for optimal growth.
Benefits of Hydroponics
The plants in hydroponic systems are remarkably energy and water efficient in comparison to plants which spring to life with conventional growing methods. In addition, gardening via hydroponics does not use harmful pesticides or other chemicals, and are not subject to traditional growing seasons.
Different Types of Systems
There are a number of different hydroponic system types. Each have their own advantages and disadvantages.
- Wick Systems: Wick systems use a piece of rope or felt in order to move nutrients and water. It is one of the most basic systems, and is best suited for smaller plants.
- Deep Water Culture: The system uses a reservoir in order to give a consistent supply of water and nutrients to the plants. Cheap and easy to maintain, it is good for plants with short growing periods.
- Nutrient Film Technique: Similar to deep water culture, nutrients are constantly moving along a channel and recirculate. The system is easy to maintain, but any sort of pump failure can kill all the plants easily.
- Ebb and Flow: Plants in this system are flooded each day with water and nutrients, giving a high degree of flexibility for plant organization.
- Aeroponics: The system has plants suspended, which allows for rapid plant growth since the roots are directly exposed to mist. The system is one of the more expensive ones to undertake.
- Drip Systems: Drip systems are easy to operate on a large scale basis, and give a lot of autonomy in regards to feeding schedules.
Finding the Best Hydroponic System:
GTA Hydroponics stocks a wide range of industry-leading hydroponic system types. When you are ready to find the best way to grow healthy and luscious plants, check out our website or speak with our staff to get expert advice.